Friday, November 26, 2010

justwrite 26 november

I was late for the bus again somehow today I’m not sure how this happens but stepping out of the shower on time I remember an email and a form that must go out before five and then it’s after all after the fall of the wrong hand on the right number and I am standing with wet hair waiting for a bus from nowhere to arrive just on time and deliver me across town and through a darkened campus to where the rumpus ought to be a mid-day movie may be guilty but so am I and so I call and ask forgiveness I offer the bigness of a generous makeup whenever something comes up and then I take a walk and it’s not too far too long the other side of the street and I meet the request coming up like a test I promised to take and there’s no mistake about what I can say and we’ll play out the details later but there’s a no-fail call-out without doubt so yes I say yes and when I’m walking back home on the way to get ready to be late for the next bus whenever that will be I see a white plastic bag in a tree and already it’s poetry and I do my best as I walk I say// tonight caught in the nightsky tree a white plastic bag presses itself into the dark waits for its poet// and then I think or maybe photographer? because that would be a picture I would want to take that’s a break I’d like to have handed to me nothing tough about it and then the words rearrange themselves adding sound and more descriptive verbs rustling is suddenly what’s happening and now there is wind involved and I imagine how to keep it simple but already I am captured by capturing this captivating scene this white on black relief suddenly forced in my face as a challenge get this right! and I bite and keep chewing all the way home where I open the door to find moonlight spilled all over the living room floor and I sigh there is no end in sight

No comments: