Thursday, July 1, 2010

justwrite 2 july

if sleeping made sense in a different tense if we could listen before we had to answer or before we had to hear we would be more clear we would steer the conversation in all the right directions we would make corrections before anyone asked and our tasks would be the brighter for it the higher circuit the softer doughnut no one’s sitting out alone at the conference table inventing a fable of how what ought to be and it seems to me that expensive habits do it faster than rabbits multiplication I mean and a flying leap through the air is an undone wonder we are folding our hands together and we are imagining the weather in relief with relief on a map and collapsing all the right folds into hand-holding you don’t need me and I don’t need you we are the self-entertaining variety or maybe some of us are some of us star in our own melodramas faking out karma which pretends to be misled by the missiles the dreamy tear-stained missives in the unexpected evening grieving for the sun which is already on its way back collecting all the traps and falling right in keeping all the mice in place all the spaghetti faces and distraught embraces we are too far away to see each others’ eyes and the surprise cannot register to vote in this election I like the rain I like the tomatoes there are many other items on the list I will check yes I will eat breakfast and also lunch I have a hunch or perhaps more than that of a craft a project a log-made jam a boat with a sail drifting without fail into the empire of the sun and we have undone all the cords we have replaced hoards of facts and lords of life with the air and the way a strawberry looks as its leaves depart pulled up into the sun as the red lands wingless sweet to the tongue

No comments: