Thursday, July 15, 2010

justwrite 15 july

drinking in the answers we are chancing to dance stars forward and legs unfurled I am hurling my earrings at anyone within hearing if you’re still within the sound of my pounding feet I am running in the other direction I am fighting off an insurrection and correcting all the spelling with a telling mark parked in the dark of an uninvited evening too soon the moon too long the walk the park the talk we have given extra answers hoping for extra credit but we’ve fed it truly on spice awkwardly and mice giggle in the corner theirs is to wonder why and to live and spy on all the mistake-makers no one who’s watching ever knows less the audience is trapped rapt and wrapped up in the details never failing to have the inside story the glory and the power and the hours passing by no one is asking high or deep questions the added dimensions the multiple berries ferried across the universe and onto my plate I cannot eat anymore I cannot store up the acorns in my cheeks and the peaches the peppers the style miled after myriad attempts running toward the bench and ready to be pulled off the field my efforts are yielding little but a word file and a blog pile but where have all the projects gone when is the day I will sing that song write that story unhurried and words honey to the tongue lunging toward the action caught in the attraction of a fine line leading in the direction of fascination of characterization here instead I am led by language I am pulled along by the syllables all my sounds rounded off bouncing off of teeth and forming a gentle leash pulling me forward toward not much sense there’s a wrench and now I will swallow it here’s some mud and I’ve just got to wallow it although in is preferable there’s no measurable way to say that I’m getting any closer to meaning with either reading let me have a project and let me do it let me have a kite and soon I will have flew it

No comments: