Monday, November 12, 2018

12 november

News flash: It is a common belief, among those who believe it, that you can get conjunctivitis by looking at someone who has it.


What.


I tried to explain that makes no sense. What, do germs travel on ether? Which either doesn't exist or will eventually be proven to be the same as dark matter or anti-matter or some other semi-similar matter?


My argument didn't seem to hold as much weight as the fact that this very transmission through vision question was found, at the same instant of the discussion, on an online FAQ of the American Society of something. I think it was opthamologists. Maybe I didn't listen that closely because I was saying something like OH YEAH BECAUSE IT'S ON THE INTERNET IT MUST BE TRUE! Although in reality the A was that it wasn't true. I'm not even sure how F the Q was really being posed there, but the fact that it was posted… just proves we're all looking for a SO THERE. Luckily I happened to agree with this one. Germs don't travel by rays of light, informed the society's scribes. Basically what I said.


SO THERE.

Aren't you glad that's where it ended? Science is so crazy. Anything seems like it could start being possible at just about any moment. Hopefully I won't catch conjunctivitis by passing glance tomorrow. Hopefully we won't be treating pain and illness with dark matter or leeches or anything else of the medieval variety tomorrow. Otherwise, tomorrow might not end up being the best day to visit the neurosurgeon.

No comments: