Friday, November 16, 2018

16 november

One day you can be on the internet looking up how to sleep with back pain and wondering what sciatica means and the next day it can be impossible to get out of bed and somehow the next day you are running a marathon. Okay, sure, not all of these things are happening on three successive days, but boy would that be success. I am not experiencing that kind of success. However at this time I have turned the heat on, and that has made all the difference. It's like I was on a road... That was in a yellow wood... It was a very traveled, as you might expect. So different. So cliche. To return to the heat. There's something very satisfying about turning the heat on and getting into bed at the end of a long week when your body has been falling apart your plans have been disintegrating before your very eyes and your metaphors have ceased to make sense. Correct that. It's not just something about that which is satisfying. It's every single thing. My muscles are waiting to unwind. Not exactly exhale, because that's an entirely different book. Plus let's not just be crazy. The wind is outside. I think I'll leave it there. I enjoy the sweet tiredness, the weariness of the windy winding week wrapping up. The office at night. The end of the list. The answered questions fading into who cares.

No comments: