Wednesday, November 28, 2018

28 november

I live on the fourth floor of my apartment building. There are only two floors below me, and one is slightly below ground level at the entrance side, so I only walk up two short flights of stairs to get home. I never take the elevator, because there is no elevator.

I work on the third floor of my office building. There are two floors below me, as you might expect, so I walk up two long-ish flights of stairs to get to the office. I rarely take the elevator, because it’s only the third floor.

Now, though, my back issues -- but I don’t like the word ‘issues’. Let’s call it something else. First thought: BACKROBATICS! Then it sounds more exciting and less complainy. Backrobatics it is! They are! Will do!

My current round of backrobatics has encouraged me to take the elevator at work more often. It does not, however, encourage me to take the elevator at home more often, again, because there is no elevator at home. I believe there are five elevators at the office.

As a result, I end up in the elevator with complete strangers. Since I’m only going up to the third floor, I feel a little pathetic for availing myself of the lazy ride. Plus, since being uplifted to higher floors requires a badge scan in the elevator, I can’t even help fellow passengers to get higher than the third floor. Sorry, friends. Who I don’t know.

So, that’s an interesting way to start the day. While I’m moving on up, I’m feeling the letdown.

Sometimes I just take the stairs instead.

No comments: