Saturday, June 9, 2012

justwrite 9 june

again the night cooler than expected is light still cloudy but unintentional coloring and I have pressed my eyes to the screen too keen to accomplish than to end there are friends but they are elsewhere there is space but it is full and I will sleep late and on and on this is the day I have made these are the groceries and there are the piles here are the lists that are neatly stacked and here are the check-offs that slide off my back and down again past rhymes and accomplishment there are three things to do and two can’t be managed there are two things to do and one seems enough hitting a slump and sliding into it we’re thicker than that and our hats are outsized waiting for a note from the future or maybe even a call doesn’t mean stalling out and if the bug bites itch there’s a stitch in time to save there’s a honeysuckle cave behind closed eyes if I ever run again and I ever can pretend it’s joyful long enough I will call my own bluff and ask it out for tea though coffee’s on the maybe list for now coffee’s on the and how long have you been sitting at the table this morning watchlist and there’s a twist but it’s a different movie there’s a song but it’s not my words that you hear there are fears we all compile and I turn aside a cardio workout on an overwhelmed floor I implore the downstairs neighbors to be patient and have pity I will be gone in one month and they can bang all that they like they can flood upward with relief and stability and when that chair broke I knew I was coming to an end to befriend the quiet of space of cars going by through puddles and uncertainty about remembering I should be taking better notes I should be writing better posts and I can’t believe I forgot my camera I can’t believe I pressed through all of that without bringing anything along as the taxi stalls around the corner I’m still sitting here and my bags are hardly open though the hope is clear enough and the space ahead is blank

No comments: