Tuesday, June 26, 2012

justwrite 26 june

And while I was looking the other way I was kicked twice today there were currents I couldn’t grab hold of and the love for doves overcame my camera and I was left to buy faded purple t-shirts in pursuit of some team-type dream we are cheering and we fear no obstacles but sometimes when the dark comes up it’s easy enough to park in a corner and mourn the quick death of possibility there could have but even before the sentence is carried out it has end punctuation which is how it finishes the diminishing returns we earn what we spend but usually before it’s a storied tale and many floors between the top and I the bottom the flyby elevators and the circulating stairs I’ve compared myself with the mirror and it’s hard to tell who’s winning where those cheekbones cut through comment and the elbows jab juxtaposingly rousing the wonder and igniting the yesplease I am looking and the finding is much harder the hands are reaching out and two of them are mine nothing to hold onto just reaching and beaching whales the no-fail formula flailing as it goes in the throes of not-quite I’ll bite off all I can and saddle the horse with resumes the fading brays of a stubborn hope the wonder at a blankness that’s less than remote I am telling you the message through the day has been nonchalance but when I lay me down the mumblings will bubble up and I’ll wish I were upright up tightening my shoestrings lingering on alternatives and hoping for replies

No comments: