Monday, December 26, 2011

justwrite 26 december

If I were writing for a reader this’d make more sense but if there’s a fence I’m on the near side and nowhere to hide but it’s a short ride across townhere to hide but it' a big jump upriver and in shivering at delivery I’m quivery with wondering the sun burning into night a bright spot caught up by the wind and sent in my direction there ought to be corrections but no one’s looking there’s a somethingrather cooking in a flailing sort of motion while noting my devotion to communication you’ll ask what’s the station and I’ll tell you it’s changed and while you’re rearranging your sentence structure to suggest you meant the stop I’ll tell you this train doesn’t and I’m not quite sure the number I just know it’s right on track toward some unknown destination and the ongoing conversation will begin again and the strands will gather themselves together to feed us our lines how are you I’m fine and the next day too and it’s something like a stew of varying vegetable and other variables we can’t predict the weather shifts and the tide changes the sun comes up and the writing fades we are waiting for responses we are listening for the calls we are all a-flutter with what matters and what doesn’t what’s reasonable and what’s foolish and I’m not sure of the difference she said a positive experience and I read call him now and what’s ahead is otherwisehow so I’ll have to answer the door I’ll have to sweep the floor and wait for the plumber it’s a color-by-number fairytale with whales and horses and some other creatures featured in open-ended texts what’s next and after that is for now still in the hat waiting to be drawn waiting for the wand to magically order the coming dishes granting wishes but taking no names from under pillows or behind ears the steering’s too clear and I can’t look away who knows next what you’ll say so I ought to keep reading I ought to keep feeding the meter so I can park here for longer the stronger the folly the greater the joy the foolishness avoided would only mean dark and there’s light enough for the way so I think I’ll stay facing and maybe replacing my walk with a run from the clouds to the sun

No comments: