Wednesday, June 15, 2011

justwrite 15 june

how many days might have passed I lasted longer I sang stronger than I danced and when I had the chance I took the picture there were whispers and shouts a little girl by the castle watching the bride and groom posing for pictures told her father solemnly that now they will be the new king and queen and I nodded also it seemed like the right answer who doesn’t want to be the king or queen or both and if you had a moat what would you fill it with what do you miss other than people what you miss is food sometimes the right pillow or plumbing that makes sense but most often food and this is the comfort we find in our lives and we strap it to ourselves we hold it close and are ready to take it anywhere our dreams and our dramas the grams crammed into cheeks and pockets locked up securely unable to be released I am waiting to wash my face waiting for the water to come on this is the kind of writing where I say what I really think and not like what I’d be thinking if I was much cooler I’m plenty cool right now at this point anyway I’d say the sun having gone down and maybe the moon eclipsing tonight like gum like strummed along guitar chords with a book the kind you teach yourself with at home and today I watched a movie and tears came to my eyes I’d like to say I cried but it wasn’t quite that it was an overcommance which is a word I’ve just invented and the idea that something could be sweet enough to make that happen was rather unexpected it was sappy straight through but sometimes the sensors don’t read that if I had a favorite ginger ale it would be vernors I recommended this to a girl on a train these are the kind of people you meet and you want to absorb all of their facts just to see how they tick and then you both turn away and go outward into the world to gather more data to make your own mountains and molehills and while I’m on the subject it’s deep it’s a cheap date to take yourself on and there are libraries upon cafeterias I am trying to do the right things and I’m not always successful I eat too much I don’t exercise enough I ought to floss much more often and write more letters to my grandmothers I have messes on the stovetop and behind the fridge my laundry isn’t caught up and neither is my blog these are things to live with and to sleep through sometimes when I wake up there will be sun this seems likely and even if it isn’t right there right away I’m pretty sure it’ll be in the neighborhood and mister rogers will be there too and the adorable unbearable sweetly striped tiger Daniel will be there and we will discuss his clock and the plans for the day which always seem to involve clouds and plenty of light

No comments: