Sunday, June 19, 2011

justwrite 19 june

before then when we had different names rearranged letters maybe we exchanged sweaters or ideas or lunch boxes in elementary school style you were the one who knew german or pretended to with great skill the facility to impress I remember that you were not the one with glasses or you were the one with shoes always the shoes and I remember imagining something else that might have been and now who knows the show goes on and the numbers change the rearrangement the various estrangements occurring along the way we play our own games and often no cards no winning no strategy just floating leaves and sometimes blowing to make the stream gleam faster or the bugs to disappear if this much is clear then I’m wondering what’s not what ought to be mentioned before anything else comes along we are strong in our faces and wrists and knees our shins slicing forward in jointed progress onward and elseward the ministry of funny walks talks on with broken dancing and easy persuasion getting a raise in salary could hardly compare the overwhelming pleasantness of opportunity taken and I may be mistaken but that seems like a mirrored view it’s true and elsewhere in the news this much is true and I turn away from false from supposition from jealous superstition and wander in wondering far a-field yielding to what-ifs and lazing away from what to do in the present tense the illumination of imagination by sympathetic sparks no shot in the dark but a reconnect from some neglected point that never happened the adaptation of the species the catch and release sidewalk philosophies I am pleased to be challenged I am filling my pockets with scribbledown notes the charts the quotes I’d like to mull over to rest on my tongue and spill out in pleasurable reflection this is a collection of my ideas and they are loosely gathered wildflowers trembling in the newness of summer trying to hard for poetry the language the love of letters and sounds but with meaning streaming through the window open and sometimes all it takes is just that a catalog of feelgood checkyes we are passing tests and I’m sorry if you but really nothing to lose to have lost to be losing we are choosing but also choosing is done for us we join a chorus and wonder what the show will be and have we rehearsed and where are the words but when the curtain comes up I am startled to find we both know the words

No comments: