Friday, June 25, 2010

justwrite 25 june

I’m remembering the titles exercise I left behind wondering how surprising that was I had an idea and I thought I’d use it but I breezed through it on the way to something else and here that else is really something like blank space filled by blank words I am running in place I am adding up the subtraction and wondering about the results I have divided multiplying from the equation with occasional hesitation when I feel like a fraction an instant a forgiveness too deep to step over but not enough to swim in not enough to begin again I am waiting for Lawrence ferlinghetti’s poem to have been written by me by myself and this is something unlike a new birth of freedom this is something like again nothing that will be and when I write the stories I will invent new glories enough with the gingerbread houses what would you rather find in your mouth and would it be soft enough to make others lean in to hear to watch your tongue unlock the words from your beautiful mind having defined your own ideas as sacred but flexible we are clay in our own hands and the sands in our hourglasses as we toast and drink deeply there is plenty of time plenty of strawberry afternoon plenty of cool evening and enough space with enough to say and the right one to say it to but no need to say anything just a feeling that filling emptiness is already taken care of there’s a repair of missing parts and each start is for a new race no one chasing no one facing insurmountable obstacles but here beside my desk a mini-melodrama ageless and intense the spider I thought was gone and the little bug who figured on a passing-by stroll I cannot look away and my fingers give way to the telling of the spinning the questionable sinning for the eating must be done and the song sung but whose language will the words be heard in is it a state divided by yellow woods or is the little horse stopping in a web too lovely dark and deep to keep moving along the path never tripping the cord never pulling the drawstring ringing the bell to tell the monster it’s time for lunch

No comments: