Sunday, June 13, 2010

justwrite 13 june

being sunshine being justfine like fruit in the middle of juice like in cahoots with stars we string our guitars with outdated melodies we’re heading the breeze off at the pass we’re lying in the grass whispering honestly the truths we see and the bread we bake we make mistakes again and again and the scandal too much to handle is the price we’re preparing to pay over and listen this is how it is I’m trying to tell me I’m trying to listen and when the words spill out I pick up my fingers and I try to go faster I try to keep up but the scuttling of claws and also paws perhaps feet meets my ears and I fear I cannot win such a race I cannot chase with such haste the letter schemes meaning to be making points anointed with addresses and stamps clamping down on schedules when the sun comes up again hopefully it will stay low it will go of its own accordion jacket the packedwarm fabric rendering habits unsettling but the elbowed sleeves and the enameled pearl buttons stretch back to such luxury the appearance of science in a drawing room I am pulling together the evidence I am about to read a book I am about to look out the window and it’s hard to tell what I’m about it’s easy to build up a chest full of doubts but it’s harder to breath that way and it’s harder to tease such pay out of a spindly stipend standing on its own two cucumber legs pegged and radished all down the street we are meeting our recipes and we are missing ingredients we’re expediently wishing for dishing out to happen faster but our mouths are already full there are souths and norths and other directions as well but the division doesn’t need to be doubled the dangers are already troubled and my tongue can’t keep quite up I’m sorry to have toppled the bucket but the clothes were already clean I’m sorry to have washed the windows so well because now the sky is broken but I will not apologize for the rest for there is nothing else to speak of in the calling-bluff second-guessing game

No comments: