Wednesday, October 22, 2008

justwrite 22 october

there will also be toast
if the bread doesn't light
the sun on fire
we had that once it was a
twice-bitten mistake if i do
say so and i did but there
were other considerations
to considerate so i did
well to make a longer story of it
i wrote my life a novel
i called my name a song
i ate my breakfast for tomorrow
i have some plans i cannot discuss
the distrust is not my own
to own to give away or keep
stowed away in a locker clocked
up like stocking feet in a barrel
over the falls and under
the calls of foul balls and
line drives out of line
in time for money for there's
always time for satisfaction
i will need to eat some more
whatever happens to be
in my hand is the answer
and the pencil dusts what
needs to be erased when
ere it goes again against
the grain whole or half
styled into piles of ashes
clashing with my stubborn toe
rolling over the pins
and needles teetering on
their haystacks to be good
or i'll turn you into a page
and you'll turn and fetch
and catch a cotton tail
in your teeth out of reach
of the ears to hear and eyes
to spy my little answers
all out of their questions

No comments: