Wednesday, October 1, 2008

justwrite 1 october

you're my track star
my guitar heroic
a chord and a quarter note
smote by spoken word
the absurd reheard through thinking ears
steer my station right
creation of light and physics
the gripping trends, knee bends
static in the rain
i thump my fingers on all the right keys
mining for major chords
absorbed in the absolution
solutions to answers unphrased
unphased by classified tendencies
free from dependency
there are reasons why
but who needs to ask
who needs to collapse order upward
outward appearances
double-signed clearances
the cosine tangentially important
the glory of the hypotenuse
fast and loose playing
to your strengths at great length
please forgive my wide eyes
save joy in plastic wrap
ecstatic recognition
stretching beyond cognition
my legs ache
i am catching up slowly
speed would be ideal
but also depth and waiting
stating the obvious in three keys
two are for you
clues losing their way on the stairs
climbing clefs, falling off
tossing free grace notes/
skipping ropes, hopes

No comments: