Monday, September 8, 2008

plant lady appears to be

plant lady appears to be in the cafe with us right now she is in the room with us can't you see her? The thing is, when she leaves Tennessee and appears in Frederick, and most especially at the Market St. Starbucks-
She is-
you guessed it-
Invisible!
I am plant lady with all my new plants I got Saturday. But really, the fresh flowers are my favorite.
Both my mother-in-law and mother gave us fresh bouquets and Mary Jane's (my mother in law) has all purples, greens, and yellows.
I used to have all kinda of awesome flowers when I lived in Martinsburg 10 years ago.
It's hard to believe it's been that long, but that is the summer flower garden I gave my heart and soul to, that I extended and grew Cosmos 5 feet high-
I have a picture of me with it- Sherry and Don took it-
and that I had my Tobacco Jasmine that was most fragrant at night and I got my scheme, of red petunias with yellow something laid about it.
And it hasn't been the same since.
I have lived in 3 places in Frederick since then, and have not experienced such unbridled fredom with flowers since then.
I don't know exactly what it was-
a good spot- enough sunshine?
a landlord who didn't care how far I extended the bed... who was just so grateful for a tennant beautifying his property of my old rented Martin St. Martinsburg house... I don't know what it was.
Don't get me wrong- I have had flower beds since then- well, 1, and some pots... who knows maybe next year will be the year.
Ortho, anyone?

1 comment:

MK said...

hooray! there you are!
:)