Saturday, September 20, 2008

justwrite 19 september

at this stage in the game
let me just say this is where i say thank you
you're welcome
to say
you're welcome
anytime
but the play which is allegedly the thing
according to a misnamed source
riding in on a backward horse
what i mean to say is good morning
how are your potatoes
your acupuncture
your african dance classes
let me apologize for my jealous zealousness
it was i who watched from up high in the tree
i had no money for soles
i carried my footsteps with me
had no change for dust
waited until after the sky had passed by once
and again
the angles changed chords with the sheets
a fresh new page to flatten with a heavy arm
a lofty aim to claim in back taxes
everyone's got a right to have some
left over situations
issues packaged off to vacations
yesterday is today's fate
a rating of forewarned stars
i read you in the tea leaves
no one's going to stay
leastways today
to say nothing of tomorrow

No comments: