Thursday, November 7, 2013

7 november



The light changes from green to red, and I stop. Good. My eye is caught by a sign on the right that I haven’t noticed before. I even check the base of the sign to see if it’s been recently installed. Unlikely.

BLIND PEDESTRIAN

So, that seems like it’s not a coincidence. It seems like a sign.

The light turns green.

In the grocery store parking lot, I have plenty of time to overanalyze this sign. It’s not far, so I decide to walk over and take a look at it. I even take a picture. Evidence? I check my watch. For what, court?

Then I realize it might make more sense to get groceries while I’m overanalyzing.

So, what? I should have done something about the card. That much is clear. Don’t just ignore problems.

I nod emphatically.

A woman standing beside me suddenly cocks her head in my direction, a questioning bird beside me. 

I stop nodding, realize that I appear to be agreeing with baked beans.

“These are my favorite!” I tell her enthusiastically, grabbing two cans of Bush’s vegetarian baked beans. She blinks widely twice, reshuffles her feathers. I turn away quickly.

No comments: