Tuesday, November 27, 2012

27 november



Once I was waiting for something to happen (this happens a lot, no matter where I am).

I was in a garden, walking around and around. It was a really nice garden, actually.

See how I’m not being specific about where I was or what was happening? Nobody’s feelings need to be hurt.

Anyway, I was waiting longer than I thought I would have had to wait.

Everyone else was inside, getting ready for The Event.

I didn’t really have anything to do to get ready, so I figured it would be better to stay out of the way.

I was getting a little tired of being out of the way.

I started to wonder what I was doing there in the first place.

Maybe I shouldn’t have come!

I decided to be reasonable, to do something reasonable.

I sat down, reasonably.

In my purse, I found my emergency pen and paper (reasonable).

I decided to list all of the words I knew in both Ukrainian and Spanish.

There would be two separate lists, one for verbs and one for nouns.

Maybe three lists, one for adjectives and adverbs, too.

Brilliant.

Listing, listing.

Suddenly, I got a text (this is how all texts appear: suddenly).

“If you are boring you can come inside.”

Well!

Well!

I folded up my paper and put it and my pen back into my purse.

I looked around.

Nobody could see me.

Nobody could tell how boring I was.

This is a common error.

If you are bored.

Well!

No comments: