Monday, September 12, 2011

justwrite 12 september

thank you for your appeal we are ready to make a deal to feel ourselves grammar-wise and overcome ourselves we toast our healths and drink up the cups overflow and the earlymorning glow is enough to make you stay in bed we’ve said our pieces we’ve eaten our reese’s and even though the greetings passed by there’s more ointment than fly and the honey still is sweeter than the flies in vinegar think having leaned in for a drink and never gotten out we doubt the correctness the direct bliss of such indulgence but we are the takers of hot showers and the hours that pass in complete senselessness is a kind of bliss a sort of ignorance of the inoffensive variety we handle with such piety our own opinions our resumes the vague malaise that overtakes us with slightly busy schedules I’m so sorry I was late I’m so busy with this plate full of appointments the dates too thicksweet in my mouth I cannot speak fast enough to escape pardon me while I excuse myself I’ve a wealth of ideas to throw out in front of me the pearls and I am the something else rarely the swine and rarer the bridesmaid haven’t played that stagecraft in many drafts and happy to keep it that way a stay of execution there’s no solution to those problems if you set yourself up you steel your feelings against any sort of reeling in you’re casting out and shout with surprise if a bite comes along but you’re singing that song and it’s hardly surprising if somewhere on the horizon another ship or maybe a fish or a wave or somethingother craves response you can swim back to shore but it’s a longer way back each time and the climb still steep although safer than the deep if you’d like to see it that way and you can peer out on a different day with your safety gathered close that’s just one way I suppose

No comments: