Monday, April 4, 2011

justwrite 4 april

so I went to buy a ticket but the train wasn’t there I had been looking at it checking its price taking its temperature and also watching the clock and while I talked it ticked itself off this date thinking no it’s too late thanking me for my understanding while I sat down confused in the middle of the sidewalk what to do I need to go and get there and from here is not where I can start but to depart from elsewhere means some kind of magic it’s a tragic circumstance that creates dancing out of invisible willies we’ve got them and we’ve bought them with our own red wonder we are blundering some understanding but the words we say are clear we have no fear of our own devices when left to them and when writing to them we use the correct addresses the formally construed stresses and let me tell you I had to fell you a tree to cross the stream and I couldn’t plant enough to make up for it later I had this carbon paper so I tried to make a copy but the tree wasn’t having it wasn’t grabbing it catching on I mean and the scene seemed too green around the edges I was hedging my bets with some holly sort of hocked at the corners blue and purple but mostly green the kind with boxy corners and the informers of details are failing me now I have no way to know the plants in a hedgerow might be boxwood but that’s a tree might be shrubbery but that’s monty python which it turns out is too clichéd to admit to having memorized and so starry eyes and a few missteps crept forward creeped me out and piled up doubt on the balcony floor leaning over the edge when winter wasn’t looking but cooking up ideas for spring bringing out the best socks and also tshirts that can be seen and also heard with words to bring looks with books to sit on the lawn with wonderings about lawns and the yawning spaces Americans need and others feed to their dinners but all winners in this non-played game we fight our fame and keep it to ourselves back pockets being key and answers being given out like so many lightswitches dark light dark light and uhh ohh not yet again broken toy says my two-year-old sage all the rage in the clock and watch set and you should see

No comments: