Tuesday, April 12, 2011

justwrite 12 april

the keys are heating up underneath my fingers I am lingering with a face full of confusion I am turning illusions into sense and sentences no sensibility in these arrangements the estrangement and the cages bent out of shape for ready escape we are taping ourselves together our ankles were never meant to bend in such ways it’s a craze but it’ll pass it’s a phrase but it’s dependent we meant it and we sent our answers forward forewarned our forearms stretched out ready to carry arms and armfuls of emptiness dripping wet seaweed or other sorts of else on ourselves and through our healths we toast we roast the fatted mushroom we grow enthused and disillused every which way we make up words when we want to say something that there wasn’t something that our cousins whispered about in closets the deposited board games leaning in to hear with their cardboard ears bent by ungentle use the truth waiting to be kinged bring it in closer you’re really too young to know this but I know better and also I don’t and we won’t let anyone else guess but it’s a test and if you pass and if you crash and burn there will be no sorry no Parcheesi no squeezing the die until they liven up the board no ward of this state could have any later appointments today let’s play until the light changes and then you’re up then asia then it’s a craze we returned to back at the beginning back when I was swimming in the pool I chipped my tooth and it was useless we moved anyway and my breaststroke was not strong my legs were far too long and the synchronized swimming team sculled and sparkled without me no doubt we were cut of different cloths but like a moth to the light I turned soft in the water and flapped and aimed for something higher without being able to look away

No comments: