Wednesday, August 5, 2009

justwrite 4 august delayo

crab song sings along its own tune a full moon is the way I see it is the way the breeze twists a smile from salty lips I am walking a dozen blocks the wrong way but the end is in sight the brightened windows keep what’s inside from washing away in the high tide I am trying to write about saying goodbye and meaning hello there is a yellow sun in this drawing and the dawning is bright enough for two the truth is you will imagine a better answer than I could ever give I drown in apologies for mistakes not my own and what makes and bakes and takes the cake is the lake of missed ruined neglected chances stepping up to the regret pooling uselessly beside behind my heels and when I turn around I feel remorseful before I know how to show it and the next chance I blow it off like a dandelion wisp when I should be making bradbury’s dandelion wine just fine for dining on any time its own dish its own wish granted a scant slant of sunshine redefining a snowy day blowing away the salt on ice and the spotted bananas that meant to become bread but instead this snow day tucked into extra sweaters and double socks is locked back melted down onto the linoleum as I reach to pass you the past as we cook up the future as we suture together what’s worth saving with a fine twine with the sweet time and care such a task deserves preparing to serve what comes next to each other whether warm or cool just a mouthful of original spin and the traveling it takes

No comments: