Thursday, August 13, 2009

justwrite 13 august

sending these out to dry and to develop on a strand like laundry into clothing the transformation not unexpected the faces that looked into the lens captured in pretend struggle bugging their eyes into the glass i am in here let me out i am there is a space a mountain they do not go together there is a feather in your cap that used to belong to a wing and the thing is that i am not offended i have not rear-ended any such concept and i'm far from adept at creeping up the petty pace through the places of our memories i'mcantankerous and doubtful and if you can not tell me where the coupons belong i will be forced to pretend ignorance i am asking for forgiveness for my disorganized leanings i am steaming ahead full forward let me stretch and i will catch my breath up ahead there is a place to stop a chance to adopt a more humble attitude a less rude protrusion of lips my chin singing itself to sleep she keeps imagining hers has disappeared but where would it go and does it show my belly button cutting into security the tendency to grow alarmed like a weed in the compost fast and fleshy and ready to go green in between dreams about as high as the sky suggests like a dimensional confusion where height and length are added to tone and mood and the truth is not in numbers but in weight to carry you've got to it's all there

1 comment:

Daro said...

I think I understand what your doing with "just write", And you certainly have developed the regular, interesting turn of phrase. But one must be careful not to turn the practice into an artifice. An endless practice of intellectual flipping turned in on itself. I think writing can become a self-congratulatory exercise unless you tell anecdotes. Where the grammatical jujitsu is used to tweak some moral from an experience that gives the reader a spasm of emotional reaction in sympathy for the story's real underscore that'S never publicly stated.