Saturday, July 11, 2009

justwrite 11 july

the space between all those metro people
simply not enough
too much bluff for this listener
the glisten of humid air under there
with arms wide open for stability
i am crossing off crossword clues
i wish i could cross off cross words
i am human too
with those close to me i can tell the truth not slant
with those they know and they are close anyway
we are lucky we know
we have found
we are getting off at the same station
or we are starting at the same station
or we are sitting in the same car
we are facing the same direction
or we are facing different directions
the doors are closing
we are opening our eyes
you are forgiving and i
am wondering why again

1 comment:

jmv said...

I like this a lot, except it made me sad. well, not exactly. what's a word that's sort of like "sad" and sort of like "woah"?

I would list lines I like, but I like all of them together, and that would just be redundant.