Sunday, January 1, 2017

1 january

When you think about all the possibilities -- all the infinite number of directions we could possibly redirect our energy -- it's astonishing that real movement in any consistent manner actually takes place. The sense of awe and wonder overtakes me sometimes and I find I have been sitting still for several minutes. I have not seen myself as stuck, but maybe an observer would imagine so. Of course, in the presence of an observer, I might not spend so much time wallowing in reflection. To be at home more than usual is to examine the walls of one's tank -- to review the food supply, the various accessories placed inside by the zookeepers for the amusement of the occupant. Reflection again. To leave? To stay? Where else is there to be but another variation of the same -- the seeking of comfort in varying flavors, the wandering toward warmth and attention, the wonder of other worlds and paths of possibility. Fresh pages and roads ahead again, as always. Every day is a new motion, still.

No comments: