Sunday, December 23, 2012

23 december



The thing is altogether too delicate to say with words. I had a herd of feelings come stumbling through my lips but my tongue eclipse the sounds and my teeth drowned them completely. I mumbled something about consideration and the rain that falls between syllables but no one was listening anyway when I was finished and it was hard to tell if they’d been listening when I’d started. The hardest part is the middle but the beginning is a bit rough, too. Following through to the end will get you. I remember walking out the door, day after day, carrying a bag of things to finish at home. Days when nothing was ever completely done, when I was glad to leave, but still. Was there anything I would have rather done? I left anyway. This is what we do. Love, leave. Stop, drop, roll, rock. There are times when I see the big picture but I’m not sure where I am in it. There are times when I can figure on sitting back and letting everything happen, just riding along with the current, then I remember that current is electricity, too. A little learning is a dangerous thing, combined with a ridiculous sense of language and humor. My mind’s too quick for my sense to make much of. My teeth could be whiter and my skin could be smoother. My hair could be wavier and my everything could be more, you know, the opposite. Other than all that, I don’t fall out of a mirror. That being said, it’s time to move on. Language, facing itself, factors arguments against equations and nitpicks diction. Quick to draw, the curtain certainly takes its time in closing on this particular episode, loaded with navel-gazing and vague bits of phrasing though offering little of insightful value at this time. All in good rhyme, without reason or crime, and the clock ticks on toward Christmas.

No comments: