Friday, December 14, 2012

14 december



The question was whether I would ever go to sleep early again. The character balked, the dog talked, and all the action continued. There was no rest. The quest, the distress: conflict found no resolution. The author’s life wrote itself. I painted myself a new career, a different sphere. The sentences became abrupt as I changed tones. The groans. Moans of wonder. The color scheme. A pattern emerged, urged caution. Sleep.

Lights of the holiday sort purporting to—this is what happens when I attempt capitalization the space facing the nation with public ideas we are fearing ourselves we are toasting ourselves with old-fashioned prop-bread no-flip slice appliances the kind where you see all the bread on that laid-out wire thing the wide-winged scheme with the dreams of other sorts of wonders the carrots and the sticks licking each other’s wounds as no one motivates no one dinner dates the way to the top fast enough the race not only to the commonest of cores to the bitterest of anemones we seize these days we raise our hands and toast our glasses we and all the masses of wonders adding up the numbers: are we telling the truths we see fit to pringle to print to crispy chip into answers we dance upon prancers and wonder into the laptops of otherwise reasonable situations we face nations and we cast aside starches we raise shimmering arches and capitalism reigns the metaphors the anecdotes and this is how we hokey poke the story times that just won’t folksy up to me close enough but I’ll call that bluff and I’ll write that wrong into edited reason the calendar season the easygo reason I will tell you what I think and I will listen to what I know but by the time the clock says snow I will hope to be ahead I will hope the winter’s lessons will have rushed into the progress of a thousand sweeping wonders of a distant memory this is trampling down a rhythm that I ought not to have used and I didn’t see it coming until now it is too late so I’ll finish up this line now and I’ll turn to other things as the words all come more slowly and the end is here at last

No comments: