Monday, August 22, 2011

justwrite 22 august

we gonna stomp that trash that cando that attitude we are the dreamers of wideawake possibility the windows in our living rooms we are assuming but not in a bad way we are zooming all along the highway not quite the danger zone not quite stallone but maybe seagal stalling on a livingroom mural whirling a hurricane that’s the story of bob dylan and patty valentine it’s a movie you see but also a song singing along with real life and racist strife but pleasant valley scenery drifts through in the time you take to thank in the time it takes the bank add up the sums and cash out its chums all the chips before they’re hatched all the yards before they’re hashed the dashers and the destroyers running hard in the morning and easy in the night it’s greenbright delight and a grin again spinning again in pleasure the measures treasured in uncommon time there are lines I cannot bring myself to say but it turns out I already have and the buzzing in my ear is an unpleasant fear I’m batting away and quite the average it turns out to be it’s evenly played it’s steadily laid out and the doubts fall off in the middle I am fiddling with the wrong instrument I cannot play the strings the yarns won’t harm any of the artists the fibers undisturbed and the nighttime sky perturbed only by stars the larger charges the cash and carry scaring ourselves with possibility but also yawning into home the feeling of reaching out for a known juice glass a mug handhugged through many mornings tea for the tillerman and also for the rest juice for the grapefruit fiends and also for the press paper-azzi-ing it up in awkward conclusions the depth of illusions plenty fine to swim in and so I do and it’s true I could make more sense it’s true my name’s not hortense but I think I’m being honest and I’m thinking that you know so gram those bananas and add some extra stanzas toward the next development a skeleton dancing in naked joy reaching for a little more to wrap around itself to toast its fragile health and to turn emptiness to wealth we are the creators and so we shall

No comments: