Monday, July 18, 2011

post 18 july

justwrite 18 july

today I am sprinting across angles the sun tangles itself in my legs and I free each step with difficulty the thick black road is too soft and I sink into the earth ground up and wondering why I got carried away the myth the romance of speed the single runner the ground humming beneath an elevated state and really I am thinking of the beauty and also the sweat the space the distance opening up and closing behind me as I rush forward in a new direction but correcting for reality I am also thinking of how long it will be before I need to stop I am hurrying in a daze listening to music and imagining distances the faces of people passing by who are standing still and they are laughing about their cool calm stillness and my frenzied rush redfaced elsewhere their thighs are rested and their calves are relaxed in casual shoes dressier than Monday morning requires we fire ourselves on the weekend then remember again again but this is not my job this is my escape my new path my race to run and the sun trends itself forward I am dragging it along with me thinking to leave it at home but sleeping in deeper instead there is no thread too light no tread too heavy to keep these sleepers from their pillows the willows trend downward lending shade and aiding the watchers but we are the movers perhaps the shakers we are taking ourselves seriously we are breathing deliriously and sweating much too much the rush and the hurry the blurry views we choose ourselves poppies and queen anne’s lace facing full into the brightness the lightness that is a rush and a fear carries me past the next milestone kilometer marker sign designed by my own mind to simulate progress there is redress and there is justice but here there is only me only free and easy with the second trend toward hard I am carrying myself down the road waiting to be carried by the wind and the energy I started out with


justwrite 17 july

my computer is melting the sweltering letters bettering themselves through jumps through leaps deeper than meaning seeming to pass bounceward a chestpass counteracting the waited-for bit on the floor the score scrambled so many goose eggs trembling into quiche into doublesize pysanky my righthand fingers are wrinkled into trumbledown digits pins and needles in it the way I thought I’d sew I’d grow the pieces together and in such weather what else is there to do but to read and eat melon there are swell evenings and sleepin mornings ready to dawn their own clinical evaluations I’d like to write something worth reading but heeding such advice is nice only in the abstract can’t counteract any other versions the concrete too deep and thick luca brasi swims with the fishes and little girls in pink always get their wishes their ice cream flavors chosen by the godfather and preapproved like dancing on an uncle’s feet the polish giggled off with white patent leather toes supposing themselves ballerinas magically light and brighter than air the stairs upward leading through the ksy and closer to the stars playing halfhearted guitars in the backstage background gatherround listenup we are all admirers of a certain sort of folk we can’t help but notice the poking of the airwaves the savoring of the brainravers I am writing without thinking but when I think I drink backwards I dream outward and wonder onward where the sense will go when the cents will run out and I will have to sell my feet for some sort of bargain I cannot now imagine we have tragedies in our slippers but we find it safer to play with razors we are dancing on stage and I have caged all the birds to find out if it’s safe but the mine isn’t mine and so I let them go again promising to tell them if things get too bad here I am cut off from the right technology right now and there are cows who are more satisfied than I am there are updates downloading and the rights left the opposites negating themselves we are healthy and we are strong but often we find that we are wrong there are such things as mistakes and they’re often baked into cakes without detection but simple reflection on an average day makes it plain that most remain in clear sight heightened by our senses the easygoing dimensions that create extralarge reflections in the tooclose mirror objects could be farther than we think but mistakes are always replicated in complicated patterns look at me I’m awkward look an adolescent echo of haphazard attempts and yes again again

No comments: