Sunday, February 1, 2009

justwrite 1 february

listening to the words i remember words i remember having heard them in my fingers shaking them out of my ears and kissing them with my lips into the air i remember whispering to you words in the thick summer dark the wet grass through t-shirts and i remember the thrill of filling up on words you gave me you give me over and again swirling them around my tongue tucking them into my hula hoops scooping wide circles out of the range i remember reading and heeding the messages the stressed syllables the unbillable hours spent devouring each morsel the metatarsals chilly but the eyes greedy the itch to twitch scratchings into hatched fulfillment the spills of ink meant to reframe a blank page a tank full on empty thoughts taught to be reasonable and yet treasonable leaning squish letters together drop punctuation and the syntax attacks its own flank a thankless task asking rewards before the process starts the heart to hearts talking up their billboards for i remember artists and i remember love and i know words and i have heard and i have said and i will sleep them into my bed my arms wide open and my pillow blank for spilling dreams the bank always full of interest twisting through the river of language

1 comment:

jmv said...

the beginning is really pretty (the beginning to me is really the first half...)
not that the second half isn't nice too. but I like the first a lot.
I also the end a lot too.......

:)