Sunday, December 5, 2010

justwrite 4 5 december

now we’ve made it to this season and there is no reason to rewind we had fine times but we drank that wine before it was ready and the steady-going rumor is a tomorrow we can’t fathom hard to imagine such a grand canyon between what we thought we brought and what we truly bought when the bag was opened and our hopes were roped in to and really what I came here tonight to tell you is a new view on falling I was walking I was talking maybe hurrying the buttons on my coat yes but the zipper no it cannot stand pressure and will not start up will not do its duty when there’s any sort of hurryup attached and when we left the restaurant so I was thinking too bad too drafty but crafty of those makers to attach a backup plan and I’m not saying they were anticipating faulty craftsmanship but maybe they knew my fingers would slip or the zipper would trip itself up anyway the play resumed and into the zoom the freezer faster moving zone honing in toward home when suddenly I was down hard and it was simply a fact I took a moment to react propped myself up on my elbows and surveyed the situation then got up with little hesitation and said yes I said yes I’m fine thanks only wow that was a surprise and no it’s the first time this year and she said well then it’s the only time it’s a sign you won’t fall anymore this winter and a splinter of pain worked its way from my palm to my neck and when I wake up it will check me in one place and I will face the ceiling feeling just a little off and wondering how that happened but I will adapt and then go about my day stretching through the way it ought to be but what I meant to turn to first was the ride back toward home in a bus with frosted windows the glass flashed in fractals and no way to tell but to lean to the front windshield to see it yield some sort of clue where you want to be had better be where you are because there’s no way to find another but out I went stepped into the snow again and scanned the path a small slip a skip a slide but forward and on until I found myself in the middle of a field a collection of dips and swells and ankle-grabbing dents and having spent half the energy to get across I looked up and was lost suddenly falling again but this time into the sky the stars so clear not far but easy to trip into and be suddenly gone and in the morning when I wake up I will see these same stars and I will wonder as I check myself into place stretching into day

No comments: