Saturday, August 2, 2014

2 august

sun shadows the court and we purport to predict winners

i am the tall canadian with an even foreigner name
you are the american homecountry hopeful USA USA
my parted hair, dapper dandy, sleeved metal arm
your oft-called name, jittery stance, lost sponsorship
let us take on everything and each other
split / advantage / up and / onward
solid longarmed i wait for you to tire
fast and pushing you goad me to rise
ball boy ball girl towel toss fan
they clap for us both
good point
tough point
your point
my point
your name again again
they believe in you, your countrymen
clad in sporty style and propped in boxes
carrying pitchers so as not to spill through the match
gates closed til changeup switches sides
back again again and still

my home and native land defended, my rank secure
you shake hands, turn away

No comments: