Sunday, October 7, 2012

7 october



If I had the chance to start it would be from a blank space and the wall would be clear I would lean up against it with my back I would keep track of the angles they would be small they would be acute I am losing confidence in measurements for ten years I have been trying to tell time by the big numbers and in the meantime I mean time has been passing I’ve been blasting off I’ve been coughing a bit dry in the back of my ear drums playing along at speeds exceeding playlists I’ve missed being sensible missed writing the date on the board the days when days had meaning and I got up in the morning with a plan those days are not behind me but some of them are and the days ahead are numbered but I can’t tell when they’ll start I am on the wrong counting system the path of least resistance is a slippery one I am thinking about working in a grocery store and how reasonable it would be to work in customer service or maybe just to move cans of green beans around and to put them in stacks maybe to scan them over red lines of light beep they would say beep beans they would say and on down the line corn as well and other sorts of things packages this was a different time I remember this is a different kind of pattern and I am thinking the matter with myself I am toasting dishes instead of bread and this is hardly the way to behave at all I am a structural relational highly influenceable sort of person so please be careful what you say please be careful with the weather I am prone to leaning a little literary I am starting magazines in my sleep and reorganizing my future outreach goals this afternoon and on the way home from elsewhere I made a plan for a workshop where all the goings on could happen and all that’s certain is a storefront and some hardword floors the arts classes and the writing always the writing the publishing and the projects the contests and the yes please these are the things I love and the making happen the yes please the difference making I am enamored of this so maybe this will be the next novel the moving on in different directions and how it could all end but really that would be fictional too so rather self-serving that would be at best it’s hard to see how it could be otherwise though it’s really about other people and serving them in a way sort of isn’t it well in theory it is and in practice there’s not much practically speaking that I’m doing here other than practicing taking up space and making good use of the practice also of repeating myself there’s something to be said about that which is to say there isn’t but if there were I would already have said it here and you would have wondered why and if I didn’t already apologize I will now

No comments: