Friday, December 26, 2008

justwrite 26 december

driving down the road or up the wherever it's forward always but a red light a stop and rearview check is a stonyfaced passenger and she is looking hard out her window maybe her arms are crossed and they might as well be and it's cold inside and out but he the driver looks over at her and then pauses and then leans over and kisses her cheek she still looks out her window but maybe not as hard and if she thaws a little i'm not surprised and i look at the seat beside me empty and i look outside my window hard and later sometime later when a kiss is on my cheek it will be cold and a fish and the lips will not melt me and the rearview will be empty and i will wonder why for her and not for me and why the driving and never arriving because some kind of destination is worth this trip and those lips will whisper to my cheek warm and kind and i will loosen my arms open turn my face and i will smile and say thank you but for now the seat the fish the cold the blank and someone is not ready and maybe it is me

No comments: