Sunday, November 16, 2014

16 november

I’ve been wondering all about me, says Bob Dylan. He’s all over it. So many good lines. I’m ready to go anywhere, ready for to fade into my own parade – I promise to go wandering.
Genius.
We are all wonderers. And wanderers. We are all, all honorable men, come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Mainly the first two, really.
At this time last year, I was plotting. That is, I was sure I needed to wake up to something new. The rambling book/collection/thoughts I put together last year was titled “Blind Pedestrian”, with the thought that it’s so easy to wander blindly through life without noticing anything, blending more and more into mundanity, without even being aware that there’s any other option.
Wondering as wandering, C and I stepped up the idea generation and came up with a direction. Woo! So easy to get stuck in a rut, either complaining endlessly or not even noticing.
The complaining is really the thing. My job is so hard. My job is so boring. My boss is so lame and/or horrible and/or mean and/or BOSSY. I can’t wait to get out of here. I could do [EVERYTHING] better.
Seriously? Some people are just like this. No matter what. Always wishing they were somewhere else, doing something else, with different people. You know. The same people who can’t wait two minutes in a grocery line with making a big show of pacing anxiously, showily checking their watches, and sighing deeply. Stay calm, friends. That attitude won’t get you anywhere, and it brings down the people around you.

No comments: